(1) Note to all employers: Declaring the Day Before Thanksgiving "Casual Day" is not as awesome as declaring it "You Don't Have To Show Up Here Day."
(2) Note to self: Drinking 872 glasses of prosecco just because you're an adult and you can, doesn't necessarily mean you should. We've been working on this lesson for a while now. Maybe you should take notes.
(3) Note to the 7,001 people in line at Einsteins this morning: WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING HERE? You are all responsible for dashing my dreams of an Everything Bagel with Veggie Cream Cheese. Curses on you and your employers who heeded my advice in (1).
(4) Additional note to self: Shut the hell up and show them your sweater with the fun buttons.
Green Sailor Sweater - Banana Republic
Trouser Jeans - Joe's via Anthropologie
Brown Boots - Banana Republic
Gold Flower Earrings - J.Crew
Gold Medallion Necklace - wedding present
(5) Notes to lovely readers who asked me questions recently:
Do I own pants?
- Yeah, I don't really "do" pants other than jeans and cords. I think I have four pairs of suit pants, but they usually don't see the light of day unless (a) the high for the day is 40 degrees or lower, or (b) we have an emergency dry-cleaning situation on our hands. Reason being that I just don't find them as comfy or as fun as my skirts. Working with mostly men, its nice to feel feminine. Can you do that in pants? Obviously. But then its harder to see my pretty shoes!
- Proof that pants do exist in my universe (and that law school kids know how to take one helluva photo):
Does Evs think my little fashion experiment is ridiculous?
- Probably. But I think his dislike of pizza is ridiculous. We're even.