So, Confession: I used to be a bit secretly judgmental of the stay-at-home-types who schlepped around in glorified sweatsuits all day. Is it that hard to get dressed?
The Bitch Named Karma continues to rear its ugly head because, for the past two days, I've been the ultimate Sweat Suit Schlepper - and not even the cutesy, matching kind. When your big daily date with functioning adult society consists purely of a couple hours at the gym and a grocery store run, I consider matching socks a victory. And, as hard as I've tried to teach The Boom about accessorizing, she just looks at me funny if I fold laundry in a statement necklace.
So apologies for the lack of fashion-inspired posts. HOWEVER, I do need some opinions...
Unemployment = No Shopping for Katers. Exception: Free Stuff. I wracked up enough credits on RueLaLa (join here!) to purchase this dress by Theory:
Full-body ruffles are not usually a look that I take a chance on since my body is, well, fuller. But its a free dress, I love the color (aptly titled "black cherry" - a very deep raspberry), and I thought it might work for either a wedding I have in a couple of weeks or a party being thrown on my birthday (sadly, not a party for me). But, alas, I'm not sure if this is a keeper or not:
Let's play Pro/Con:
- pretty color
- allows for "fat days"
- my normal size fits! (truth be told, this is not a reason to keep anything but since its made by notoriously-small Theory, I did do a little happy dance when I slid it on!)
- entirely too short to transition into day-wear, even with tights
- I feel like a bon-bon... and not in a "damn, I look delicious!" sort of way
Thoughts? Opinions? I'm leaning towards sending it back. It is not a "need" piece.
Also - to answer some emails I received regarding the Wunder Under Pants by Lululemon:
- Yes, they are SUPER long - I can easily roll them up into capris if I want. But! Lululemon will hem any of their pants for free... even if you purchase online, take them into your nearest store and they'll fix you right up!
- I purchased the plain, ole, regular Wunder Unders... I can't vouch for any of the fleece-lined or amped up varieties... but I love all my Lululemon pieces so any of their inventory is worth a try!
- No, I do not have skinny legs. In fact, they are feeling quite wobbly at the moment. However, I do not feel like a cow in these... which is excellent.