Thursday, April 29, 2010

you'll have to rip my cardigan from my dead, lifeless fingers

As you can see from my outfit choices this week, if you told me I could no longer wear cardigans to work, I'd slap you silly... I'm talking Stephen vs. Irene Real World Seattle Style here, folks. 


This was one of those mornings where I had in mind what I wanted to wear (dark turquoise rosette neck shell - pictured - with a pencil skirt and jacket).  Then the pencil skirt was no where to be found.  Nether were my favorite pinstripe pants.  So then I had to go with option 3 - black pants from BR that I love but are high-waters in anything but flats.  And I think flats look lame with a full, formal suit... Off goes the jacket in exchange for the cardigan.  


And THAT'S how we got to 3 LEC Heritage Cardigans in 4 days.  Wphew. 

"Heritage" Cardigan in Turquoise Sea - Land's End Canvas
Dark Turquoise Silk Rosette Neck Shell - Banana Republic
Black Pants - Banana Republic
Black Bow Flats - Jessica Simpson via Nordstrom
Gold Disc Earrings - Sonya Rene 
Gold Medallion Necklace - gift 

Note: For those of you have have asked about LEC's sizing, I did a post on EA (click here) extolling the virtues of LEC and including a little blip about sizing!  

17 comments:

  1. Cute. I like those blues together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear a cardigan almost daily. They are just so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't say it enough but girl you have some great style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wearing a navy shell and the LEC turquoise cardigan today. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the biggest wardrobe I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i may go ahead and buy a LEC cardigan. i love cardis and my wardrobe could use a pick-me-up. need some color in my light gray/dark gray/black/black/black routine. love that turquoise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you referenced the Stephen/Irene Seattle slap! Those were the good ol' days, when Real World was still interesting, and MTV still played music videos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still LOVE that episode of Real World...and then Stephen threw Irene's bear into the water! Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn, I love this outfit! Very spring classic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the LEC cardigan- after looking at all of yours, it inspired me to buy one... which i wore today.
    what style of BR pants do you wear? they always look super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never ever post, but i stalk and admire your fashion sense (cute top btw)....

    BUT I JUST had to thank you for the 90s flashback. I was recently having a flashback with friends about that slap....the slap of disaster. oh stephen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, I already have a closet full of cardigans, but yours are making me want to run to Lands End immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I now own that cardigan thanks to you and you're right it's fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Stephen/Irene slap comment has me cracking up. Thanks for that little flashback to my teen years! I loved that season since it had 2 boys from VMI and another VA girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laughed out loud at school today while reading your Real World comment, haha, oh that took me back! Love your outfit today. What would we do without cardigans?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing color combination! I'm going to try to recreate it right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the LEC sizing blip link, appreciate you following up on that!

    ReplyDelete

stall scribbles appreciated!