Tuesday, October 6, 2009

belted jacket + jewel tone

Edited to Add: the teal rosette shell is from two seasons ago... back when BR remembered what color was.  I miss those days! 

I'm off to court this afternoon for a hearing which (a) I get to argue alone, and (b) I get to say more than "Your Honor, may we please have a time extension?"  Not much more, mind you (hence, why I am allowed to go "unsupervised"), but still.

Little secret: I rarely wear two suit pieces that were meant to go together, together.  If I don't have time to think, I'll throw on my standard black or brown Banana Republic suits (first 2 suits I ever purchased, at the same time, BR Outlet, same exact style, still look great), but normally I'm a mixer.  This jacket is almost too dark of gray to provide a good contrast with the black skirt, but I think the pop of deep color in between breaks it up a bit.

I'm also currently loving belted jackets... so much so that if they didn't come from the store belted, they often find themselves so when they leave my closet.


These clusters were actually my wedding earrings - another fabulous Etsy find by Bridal Emunique.


Cropped, 3/4 sleeve, Grey Jacket - Ann Taylor Loft
Teal Rosette Collar Silk Shell - Banana Republic
Black Pencil Skirt - Michael by Michael Kors via Nordstrom
Black Tights - Target
Black Patent & Suede "Harper" Pumps - J. Crew
Earrings - Bridal Emunique via Etsy
Blush Metallic Skinny Belt - J. Crew
Bauble Cocktail Ring - J. Crew

8 comments:

  1. Oooh good luck today! I have only been to court unsupervised once (and hopefully never again, as I am a transactional attorney).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! I love that color blue on you. Good luck in court!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that teal rosette blouse... what season was it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck! you'll definately be the most stylish gal in court ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great look! Very professional and stylish! Good luck in court!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost wore a very similar outfit today, but it turned out to be much warmer than I thought it was going to be. I have a blue silk dress from BR in almost the same color and I was going to pair it with a long black cardi, black tights, and black heels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turquoise-blue looks great with blonde hair. Looks like you have a few of these great jewel tone/ peacock print tops. They make a good day/night transition for after work cocktails.

    ReplyDelete

stall scribbles appreciated!