Monday, August 2, 2010

Being Bad.

Today, I'm being a bit naughty... a SLEEVELESS TOP SANS JACKET / CARDIGAN.


I know.  The shame!  


This is not a habit I suggest making for any lady-lawyer / conservative-career-gal type, but the state of my dry-cleaning pile has reached DEFCON 5 + the high today is 106.  It's officially August in Texas.  I do have a light pashmina-type wrap in my office so I shall be spending my day swathed loosely in fabric as not to sully my Appropriate Office Attire Rep.  Also, please note that the overly-aggressive blush situation was remedied during my commute.  

Torquoise Silk Blouse - Ann Taylor Loft
Pencil Skirt - Michael by Michael Kors via Nordstrom
Black Perfect Platform Pumps - Ann Taylor
Pearl Cluster Earrings - Etsy Seller Bridal Emunique
Gold Medallion Necklace - gift 

11 comments:

  1. cute! totally appropriate when it's freakin hot out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walked right by that blouse in AT Loft the other day - but it looks so cute on you! I may need to give it another look. The color is beautiful on you.

    Hope you can stay cool in the heat - it's brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so those shoes are adorbs. What blush is that, though? It looks like it might be the answer to my delicate-flush-slash-I-spent-the-weekend-in-the-sun prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Meg - the blush is Laura Mercier Bronzing Duo - it has a night pink blush + bronzer in one compact! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I really love the random book on the floor in the background:). I hope your office survives the Shock Of Upper Arms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute top! Ahhh stay cool! It is brutally hot in ATL also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a lawyer in NC and I have begun doing the sleeveless top with no jacket/cardigan this summer. So far so good! No evil looks! Maybe Michelle Obama has paved the way...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that by any chance Eat, Pray, Love on the floor behind you? I'm reading it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that top and color on you!!!! I have too many ruffle tops in my closet right now, but if I didn't, I would definitely snatch that one up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol I love your blog; I love your writing. Great to meet another fellow attorney who loves to challenge the otherwise drabness of corporate wear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to spray cum all over that blouse

    ReplyDelete

stall scribbles appreciated!