Thursday, November 4, 2010

cozy cardigans

Been running a little late the past few mornings... not enough time to snap photos and post before work!  But here's yesterday's outfit.... I'm so glad it's finally getting and staying cooler during the day!  


This nubby black wrap cardigan is a favorite winter purchase from two years ago - it's the perfect layering piece!  I love that it's short-sleeved but thick - I can throw it over light fall and spring items for when there's just a slight chill in the air, or pop it over other sweaters for mega-warmth! 


Chunky Wrap Cardigan Sweater - Banana Republic
Peacock Silk T-Shirt Dress - Banana Republic
Black Tights - Merona via Target
Gray OKC Boots - Banana Republic
Gold Cuff - Coach

And here's todays... only slightly worse for the wrinkles!  The "bold sun" is definitely my favorite of my Heritage Cardigan obsession collection - I think it's a perfect example of a shade of yellow that works well for most skin tones and hair colors!  Blonds can wear yellow!  


And, um, I really can't gush about these GAP Boy Fit trousers enough... Peppermint Bliss spoke to my soul today, describing her quest for the perfect, casual, boyfriend-jeans-centered look... I look like a frumptastic sausage person in boyfriend jeans... and I've tried on muchos.  BUT!  These pants are a bit like the work version of the boyfriend jean... and they are actually flattering (although, I'm not sure the photos depict that so much... hmmmm... hopefully I'm not just delusional) - L-O-V-E, LOVE! 


Bold Sun "Heritage" Cardigan - Lands' End Canvas
Polkadot Shell - J.Crew
Black "Boy Fit" Trousers - GAP
Patent Loafer Pumps - Cold Haan

12 comments:

  1. Love both outfits (and I think the Boy Fit trousers *do* look flattering on you, ahem) but eek! Your gray OTK boots!

    *swoons* *falls over* *dies*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both outfits are super cute especially the second one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those boots. LOVE THEM. And that polka dot blouse! Super cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love those pants! You are working that second outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both outfits but that BR cardigan is really so perfect. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look like a superhero in the first outfit (in a good way)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grey boots are tdf. I ordered a pair by somebody from Endless and they arrive today. Hoping they work. The pants look awesome on you. No worries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfits! The grey boots are lovely. I too have the LEC bold sun cardigan, I love it! (I am also blonde, and wear lots of yellow).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love that first outfit. It's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful boots! I had a 50% off BR coupon & went in to get them but sadly they were fresh out of my size. Sad day.

    I thought I'd let you know about the giveaway I'm hosting right now for two pairs of Kendra Scott earrings & some OPI nail polish - come check it out!
    http://elizabethsdailyadventures.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your BR outfit! I'd also love to know some detail about your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those gray boots are ahhhhh-mazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

stall scribbles appreciated!