Friday, October 16, 2009

casual friday fail

So I had a hearing scheduled this morning - a real, Big Girl Lawyer hearing (of sorts).  Yes, I was bummed to forgo my Casual Friday Attire, but you know, professional growth and all that.

Yeah.  No hearing.  Judge is sick.  Email sent as I pulled into the parking lot... wearing my suit.

Now I'm stuck in the brown version of the Mrs. Doubtfire Skirt.  And a boring sweater (actually, I love this sweater.  Its another cheapie find from Old Navy that has proved quite well-made over the years).  Luckily I keep this pashmina in my office (straight from India via my fabulous friend Dr. Jacq), so at least I can be colorful and snuggly (AND thematically attired for this weekend's Red River Shootout!).





I love the gold-tipped strap / buckle on these Mary Janes!



Cream Cable Knit Sweater - Old Navy
Brown Suit (jacket not shown / in the car) - Banana Republic
Brown Mary Janes - Banana Republic
Orange Pashmina - bridesmaid gift
Skinny Blush Metallic Belt - J.Crew
Bauble Cocktail Ring - J. Crew

Tune in tomorrow for a Special Saturday Edition a/k/a What I Wore to the Texas / OU Game!

Happy Casual (if you're lucky) Friday! 

13 comments:

  1. Question- do you brush your hair right before the pics? Or is it always so pantene-hair like? Um no, I'm not jealous at all, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that sweater in pink! Wore it Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a cute outfit! The new blog motivates me to get out of my sweats for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun game to go to! I hope you enjoy it!

    I have a question for you, I just bought my first pair of high waist wide leg jeans, they are a dark (I mean really dark) indigo wash... I love them! But so many of my t-shirts are black I feel like I don't have anything to wear them with, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love your blog! Just found it and going to follow. Great outfits

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stinks you couldn't wear your jeans! You look cute in your suit at least! I really love pashminas and I have this place by my office that sells great ones straight from India. They are cheap too...like between 15 to 30 bucks. I swear it is my nemesis at breaktime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this on etsy and thought of you
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27145858

    ReplyDelete
  8. what happened to the special Saturday edition!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice blog http://lowcostbathroomfurniture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

stall scribbles appreciated!