Wednesday, November 18, 2009

alterna-lawyer

Today's one of those days where I am sitting in my office, thinking to myself "I might have pushed the envelope a little too far with this one." I've worn this dress before, styled differently, and now that I'm wearing it again, I seem to remember saying to myself last time "Let's save this one for the weekends from now on, shall we?"

So, to recap, I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable with my wardrobe choices today / it seems I talk to myself a lot.


The coat?  Love.  {If you're sensing a reoccurring theme here, its because I love all my coats.  I should really live someplace colder so we can all hang more.}  Another fabulous sale item, I bought this at Nordstrom's Half-Yearly Sale this past July... which is apparently a great time to get a Calvin Klein coat for only $70!

I like this dress... I just haven't quite figured out how to wear it without looking like I should be working at Anthropologie (which, actually, would be awesome).  Again, I fear the key is to pair it with leggings and boots and embrace its slightly hippie, crunchy-granola feel... ON THE WEEKENDS.


After looking at these photos, I realized the "one button undone" was even more disheveling (that's a word? really?) and buttoned up.  Now you can see the earrings too!

This year, I'm going all wild and crazy and pairing gray with brown.  Scandalous, I know, but I think it works. Scratch that.  I know it works.  Anthropologie tells me so.

Quilted Coat - Calvin Klein via Nordstrom
Silk Tunic Dress - Tucker via Gilt
Wide Brown Belt - Merona via Target
Gray Tights - Merona via Target
Brown Mary Janes - Banana Republic
Gold Disc Earrings - Sonya Renee 
Gold Medallion Necklace - wedding present
Hammered Gold Bangles - Kendra Scott via Gilt

1 comment:

  1. I love that dress- totally see how you feel more anthro employee than lawyer. I'm in my 3L yr myself and I have no idea how I'm going to handle dressing like a real lawyer- just stumbled on your blog- love it :)

    ReplyDelete

stall scribbles appreciated!